Volunteer management software designed for small and medium sized not-for-profit organizations.
- Keep detailed volunteer profiles indicating the kinds of activities individuals want to do and the skills and qualifications they bring to the table.
- Set up to 25 preference “flags” for each name. YOU can add to, edit and delete from the list of available volunteer preferences. Flags may represent the types of things a volunteer wants to do, a special skill, a performance rating, etc.
- Ensure essential qualifications such as a drivers license, first aid certificate, etc. are checked and, if required, that they are reviewed periodically. YOU maintain the lists of qualifications you wish to track.
Find volunteers based on availability and preferences
- Search through your volunteers to see who is available at specific times of the day and week – and who is NOT available (perhaps because they are away on a trip.)
- Create a customized list of volunteers with any combination of preference flags, qualifications, “Acceptance Status” and availability requirements. Generate letters and / or e-mails to this custom list.
- If your organization requires critical screening (e.g. police check) or training before they can be employed, use the “Acceptance Status” to track who is in process, who has completed the process successfully and who has failed.
Jobs, committees and events
- Define jobs as “positions” (just one person assigned), committees (no defined dates) or activities such as events with defined dates. Specify the “Acceptance Status,” qualification(s), and dates for the job.
- Ensure volunteer assignments to jobs meet the requirements of the job.
- Track which volunteers have been assigned to which jobs. See whether the volunteer has accepted the assignment, whether the assignment was completed and whether or not suitable recognition has been given for their efforts.
- Produce name badges for everyone assigned to a committee or an activity (event.)
- Record volunteer hours by day, week or month. Hours are recorded by positions / committees or activities (events.) Produce reports showing the value of time donated by your volunteers.
- Reports help you manage the “Acceptance” process, expiring qualifications and volunteer recognition.
Watch these videos
Part 1 shows how to set up a volunteer profile, create a custom filter for some of your volunteers and produce a mail merge for those who met your selection criteria. It’s about 11 minutes long.
Part 2 demonstrates how to create a “job”, assign a volunteer to that “job” and send a e-mail to all members of a committee or all volunteers assigned to an activity. It’s about 8 minutes long.