Access your data anytime and anywhere from any device
What is application hosting?
CharityMaster has partnered with Summit Hosting, one of the largest QuickBooks Hosting companies in both Canada and the United States to provide access to CharityMaster over the internet. Application hosting gives you the ability to access and edit all of your data from any location using any device without any requirements other than having a web browser and an active internet connection. This means that, no matter where you are in the world, you will always have quick access to your CharityMaster data. When you use the hosted version of CharityMaster you still have the ability to edit data, run reports, write letters, send e-mails or use any of the normal functions you would typically use in your office.
Although it’s not a requirement, you can also take advantage of a hosted version of QuickBooks. CharityMaster’s amazing integration with QuickBooks means that every time you enter a transaction into CharityMaster, accurate entries are immediately posted into QuickBooks. You will save lots of time and eliminate most accounting errors. With QuickBooks hosting, your bookkeeper will have immediate access to your data from their office.
Benefits of hosting
Any place access
Your staff and volunteers can enter or review data from their homes or offices or from the locations of your events. You can even use your smart phone!
No need to purchase servers or pay for off-site backup and storage. You’re really only adding a small monthly fee to upgrade your IT instead of continuing to invest in more hardware and software maintenance.
- No more time and effort downloading and installing updates. You always have the latest versions.
- With hosted QuickBooks, you minimize the time to send copies of files, documents, listings, etc. to your bookkeeper every month.
Security and data protection
- All of your data is secure. You communicate with Summit Hosting over a secure connection and all of your data and documents are backed up daily. Enterprise level security ensures that no one can access your data without your permission.
- Working in the cloud is usually safer and more affordable than what typical not-for-profits can afford since it entails using enterprise resources at monitored and professionally maintained data centers. Consider whether or not your data would be safe if there were a fire or flood at your location. If it’s safely stored in the cloud, it can quickly and easily be retrieved.
- Don’t worry about lost or stolen laptops or other hardware.
- Download a copy of all of your data and documents at any time.
Use any device. Really?
- Desktop and laptop PCs
- Mac computers
- Any tablet or smart phone
- All you need is an internet connection and your favorite browser.
What about QuickBooks licensing?
If you currently own a QuickBooks license, you are ready to move to the QuickBooks cloud. You pay only for hosting. Organizations that do not yet own a license are welcome to lease one from Summit Hosting. (Contact Summit for pricing.)
Why not use QuickBooks On-Line?
It is important to understand the differences between QuickBooks Online Edition (QBOE) and using a hosted version of QuickBooks. In a nutshell, QuickBooks Online does offer the same anywhere, anytime access a hosted version of QuickBooks desktop. However, QuickBooks Online has reduced functionality and is a watered-down version of the powerful desktop system.
CharityMaster does not have an interface with QuickBooks Online and there are no plans to implement one.
When you use the hosted version of QuickBooks together with CharityMaster, all of the transactions you enter into CharityMaster are entered into QuickBooks in real time. All of your QuickBooks users will be able to see up to date information immediately.
How much does hosting cost?
All hosting prices below are in US dollars and are subject to change by Summit Hosting. They can also provide hosting in Canada using Canadian based servers and with Canadian dollar pricing.
Base hosting costs
$59 per user log in per month. Several people can share one log in but only one person can use a log in at one time.
This price includes:
- Hosting of CharityMaster. Requires the purchase of or subscription to a CharityMaster license. (See below.)
- Hosting of QuickBooks. Requires that you already own a QuickBooks license. (See below.)
- Hosting of Microsoft Word. (CharityMaster requires an interface with Word.)
- 5 gigabytes of storage shared by all users
- Ability to send e-mail blasts from CharityMaster using SMTP based e-mail, like G-mail and Yahoo.
- 15 days of backups
- No long term contract
- World class security and system up-time
The $59 per user per month includes hosting ($50) and access to Microsoft Word ($9). Hosted access to all Microsoft Office components is $16 per month.
You can either purchase a permanent license or pay for an annual subscription. For details see our pricing page.
If you need to use a hosted copy of QuickBooks, you must own a licensed version that is no more than three years old. You must also have purchased at least the same number of user licenses from Intuit as the number of users that will be accessing the hosted system.
Lease a QuickBooks license
In this case, you do not have to own a license to QuickBooks. You can “lease” a license for QuickBooks Pro from Summit Hosting. (Most not-for-profits do not require a version of QuickBooks that is more sophisticated than QuickBooks Pro.)
Learn more about