Access CharityMaster and Quickbooks using any device. REALLY! at any time securely at minimal cost and Microsoft Office too! from anywhere in the world and keep your data safe
What is application hosting?
A hosted application is a software as a service (SaaS) solution that allows users to execute and operate a software application entirely from the cloud on a recurring subscription. Hosted applications are hosted and powered from the remote cloud infrastructure and are accessed globally through the Internet. Hosted applications provide the same functionality as locally installed software but can be updated more easily.
CharityMaster has partnered with DNS Networks to provide hosted access to CharityMaster. Application hosting means that, no matter where you are in the world, you will always have quick access to your CharityMaster data.
You can also take advantage of a hosted version of QuickBooks. CharityMaster’s amazing integration with QuickBooks means that every time you enter a transaction into CharityMaster, accurate entries are immediately posted into QuickBooks. (Click HERE for more information.) With QuickBooks hosting, your bookkeeper can have immediate access to your data from their office.
In addition to CharityMaster and QuickBooks, you can also share all of the Microsoft Office applications. This makes it super easy for your team to collaborate on the development of an Excel spreadsheet, a Powerpoint presentation or the text of a new solicitation for donations.
Benefits of hosting
Any place access
Application hosting gives you the ability to access and edit all of your data from any location using any device without any requirements other than having a web browser and an active internet connection. When you use the hosted version of CharityMaster you still have the ability to edit data, run reports, write letters, send e-mails or use any of the normal functions you would typically use in your office. Printed output is sent to the printer installed on or connected to the computer or tablet you are using.
Your staff and volunteers can enter or review data from their homes or offices or from the locations of your events.
No need to purchase servers or pay for off-site backup and storage. You’re really only adding a small monthly fee to upgrade your IT instead of continuing to invest in more hardware and software maintenance.
- Focus on running your organization rather than your IT.
- Eliminate the time involved to back up all of your data and documents to an offsite location.
- No more time and effort downloading and installing updates. You always have the latest versions.
- With hosted QuickBooks, you can minimize the time to send copies of files, documents, listings, etc. to your bookkeeper every month.
Security and disaster recovery
Working in the cloud is safer and more affordable than what typical not-for-profits can afford since it entails using enterprise resources at monitored and professionally maintained data centers. Consider whether or not your data would be safe if there were a fire or flood at your location. If it’s safely stored in the cloud, it can quickly and easily be retrieved.
- You communicate with the hosting provider over a secure connection.
- All of your data and documents are backed up daily.
- Enterprise level security ensures that no one can access your data without your permission.
- Don’t worry about lost or stolen laptops or other hardware.
- For extra security, download a copy of all of your data files and documents on a regular basis.
Use any device. Really?
- Desktop and laptop PCs
- Mac computers
- Any tablet or smart phone
- All you need is an internet connection and your favorite browser.
What about QuickBooks licensing?
If you currently own a QuickBooks license, you are ready to move to the QuickBooks cloud. You pay only for hosting. Organizations that do not yet own a license are welcome to lease one.
Why not use QuickBooks On-Line?
It is important to understand the differences between QuickBooks Online Edition (QBOE) and using a hosted version of QuickBooks. In a nutshell, QuickBooks Online does offer the same anywhere, anytime access a hosted version of QuickBooks desktop. However, QuickBooks Online has reduced functionality and is a watered-down version of the powerful desktop system.
CharityMaster does not have an interface with QuickBooks Online and there are no plans to implement one.
How much does hosting cost?
Base hosting costs
All hosting prices below are subject to change by DNS Networks.
- $65 per month for a single user log-in
- $100 per month for two concurrent user log-in accounts
These prices include:
- Hosting of CharityMaster. Requires the purchase of or subscription to a CharityMaster license. See below.
- Hosting of QuickBooks. Requires that you already own a QuickBooks license. (See below.)
- Hosting of the full version of Microsoft Office. (CharityMaster requires an interface with Word.)
- 100 gigabytes of storage shared by all users
- Ability to send e-mail blasts from CharityMaster using SMTP based e-mail, like G-mail and Yahoo.
- 60 days of backups
- No long term contract
- World class security and system up-time
Note that several people can share one log-in account but only one person can use a log-in at one time.
You can either purchase a permanent license or pay for an annual subscription. For details see our pricing page.
If you need to use a hosted copy of QuickBooks, you must own a licensed version that is no more than three years old. You must also have purchased at least the same number of user licenses from Intuit as the number of users that will be accessing the hosted system.
Learn more about